MVM Careers provides career development workshops to support and complement existing careers services in business and engineering schools, and other higher education institutions. Our offer covers all aspects of the job search and selection process. Each workshop is equally effective either as a complementary module to extend the existing in-house career management curriculum or as a stand-alone resource for executive programs or alumni associations.
All our career development workshops are tailored to the specific requirements of each institution, program and student profile. Directors of careers centers and degree programs can select the services they require from our broad range of employability modules. Our portfolio of services takes students through the entire job search and professional development process, from formulating objectives and a strategy, through to navigating the selection process and negotiating terms and conditions. Participants are provided with practical techniques and the modules are structured to enable participants to take ownership of the job search process. We have a strong focus on coaching students so that they are able to define their challenges and to create easy-to-implement solutions. The workshops are usually carried out on site at higher education institutions, but can also be offered in a blended format, combining in-person and online teaching.
Examples of employability modules currently available:
- International job search techniques
- Making a successful career switch
- Developing an effective elevator pitch (mini-module)
- Creating a professional CV
- Creating and managing multiple targeted CVs
- Writing a cover letter (multiple formats including email and social networks)
- Managing your online image
- Preparing for group or individual interviews
- Efficient networking in-person and online
- Salary and benefit negotiation
- Preparation for case-cracking interviews
Our portfolio is not exhaustive, as we are constantly researching new subjects in anticipation of the ever-evolving market. Do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in a fully-customized module or a specific subject.